Sat 14 Nov 2009
This recipe was handed to me from the lead goat, Pixelated Executioner, courtesy of Nihilistic of the Dragonblight server. I merely volunteered to make them. These cookies are delicious, and I only changed two things – one, cook them a bit longer than 10-12 minutes – I found that baking closer to 15 minutes made a better cookie. Also, I didn’t find anything like ‘caramel chips’ around here, so I just used Skor chips, and I am glad I did!
On that note, seriously, I would recommend having a stronger stomach for most of the ‘cuisine’ around the Tirisfal area…the Forsaken are quite nice, just…they’re opinion of good food is a bit different than us living folk.
This recipe is also being featured on the Thanksgiving Rawrcast with Stompalina!
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag Caramel Chips
1. Pre-Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl combine 1 Cup of Shortening with 1 Cup of Sugar and blend until light and fluffy. When that is ready, blend in 1 Cup of Pumpkin Pie Mix, and 1 whole egg, mix well. Add in 2 Cups of Flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp Cinnamon, and ½ tsp of Salt and blend the mixture until it is smooth.
3. At this point, the desired “chippage” is up to each maker, but combine equal parts chocolate & caramel chips into the cookie dough.
4. Take about a tablespoon sized dollup of the dough, and ball up onto a cookie sheet. Bake them for 10-12 minutes and then let rest on a flat cooling surface. Don’t use a wire rack for cooling as the caramel and chocolate tend to become very liquefied and make the cookies fall apart between the spaces.