One of the most enjoyable – yet tedious – things to do when there’s questing downtime is fish. I know I’ve seated my cowhide down for hours on end, letting the seclusion of the water and chirping of songbirds whittle the time away. I can’t say I’ve caught anything of interest, but a nice fellow hanging out on the Upper Rise showed me how to make this.
I had started making this recipe awhile back, but have recently modified it to my own tastes. This salmon is delicious, healthy, and very easy to make. You can oven-bake this, although I would highly recommend grilling this bad boy. Salmon is a great cut of fish to eat, as it is lean, and very high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential to the healthy development of the brain.
Honey Mustard Sunscale Salmon
- 1 medium-large fillet of salmon (frozen is fine, although fresh is always best♥)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1) In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients to form the marinade. Place the salmon flesh-side down (if there is still skin/scales), cover with plastic wrap, and let marinade in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
2) Oven directions: Get a small baking pan and line it with tin foil. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Bake salmon for 10-12 minutes.
Grilling directions: Heat up grill (I use a George Foreman countertop grill because I’m in an apartment. Works like a dream.), and cook salmon for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat immediately.
3) Serve your salmon with a generous helping of steamed vegetables or spinach and mushroom salad. Enjoy your guilt-free and nutritious noms!