Sun 7 Jun 2009
(Based on Shoveltusk Soup – World of Warcraft; original recipe from http://www.wacocityfarm.com/recipes.php)
Submitted by Padlock of the Scarlet Crusade server.
Prep Time: approx. 15 Minutes.
Cook Time: approx. 1 Hour.
Makes 4-5 servings.
- 12 links spicy pork sausage, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ can chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 russet potatoes, halved and sliced
- 2 cups sliced kale greens
- 1 cup light cream
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. Place sausage links on a baking sheet and bake 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions until translucent; add garlic and cook 1 minute.
4. Stir in broth, water and potatoes; simmer 15 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to low and add sausage, kale and cream; simmer until heated through and serve.
Serve with Bacon Bits and/or Shredded Parmesan for extra taste.