Fri 19 Feb 2010
Our submission today comes from Kissless of WoW, Eh? fame! This recipe comes from Campbell’s 3 Books in 1 Recipe Book, and promises to be easy and fast! Take it away, Kissless!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 can of condensed soup (mushroom or chicken)
- 1 lb. frozen vegetable mix
- Start off by cutting the chicken breast into cubes about 1inch thick/wide. It doesn’t really matter much if they’re bigger or smaller, you just don’t want giant clobs or chicken-bits.
- Spread about a tablespoon of oil on a skillet. Brown the cubes on the skillet on medium-high heat. Stir often and take your time to make sure that you’re cooking the chicken well. When the cubes are well browned, add the can of soup. You don’t need to dilute it or anything, we’re basically using it as sauce. The original recipe says to use ‘Campbell’s Cream of Chicken’, but I usually use their cream of mushroom for an extra flavour. I guess most cream soups would do well, although I’ve only ever tried the chicken or the mushroom.
- Add the vegetables right after the soup. Stir it all well to cover the veggies and the chicken with the soup and increase heat for a moment to make it boil. Once it does, reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and let it simmer quietly for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the lid carefully and prod the veggies. If they still feel really frozen and tough, stir them in again and cook for a couple of minutes more. The two things to make sure if that the chicken is cooked through and that the veggies are not still frozen. I did that once. Blech!
- You’re done! Transfer some to a plate or a bowl and take with you to nom during the next raid. ^_^
Kissless approves. Simple, tasty and quick.